While some of us naturally have near perfect teeth most of us require at least a little dental work to get an ideal smile. Some of us need considerable teeth straightening from braces or other dental procedures. This might be for aesthetic reasons, or because the crooked teeth cause problems with eating, speaking or premature wear.
An alternative to braces is Invisalign. Many adults prefer not to use braces as they seem very teenage. They are also make eating and speaking awkward. But Invisalign can perform most (but not quite all) of the functions of braces. And they cause minimal discomfort.
Advantages of Invisalign Dundas
– Invisalign is nearly invisible, being clear plastic.
– They are removable and easy to care for
– No food restrictions, they are taken out for eating.
– Invisalign is comfortable and easy to wear
– They can whiten teeth during treatment
– Minimal maintenence, much less than braces.
– Final results take from 6 months to 2 years, less than braces.
The disadvantages are few:
– They cannot treat some complex tooth alignment issues. More complex issues will require braces or implants.
– They cost more than braces.
– Must be worn 22 hours per day.
Invisalign has been in use for over 20 years. This is less time than braces, which have been used for generations, but the results from those 20 years have been consistently high quality.
A warning though, there are some mail order systems that ostensibly produce a similar product to Invisalign. But these are not clear retainers, and they are not produced with X-rays or other methods that fit the retainer to the individual’s mouth. These mail order systems ore not cheap, and the results are unpredictable.
Invisalign is discreet and can give many of us the ideal smile, without the inconvenience of braces.