Only a few of us have naturally neat, functional teeth. Most people either have braces as teenagers to straighten their teeth, or they have a little dental work later on to fix a few problems. A few of us just tolerate our less then a perfect teeth. But an increasingly popular option is using Invisalign during our adult years.
Many adults do not like to wear braces. While it is quite possible to use braces to straighten teeth at any age many adults resist this option. They feel that braces look childish, and that the awkwardness of braces is too great. These same adults may be open to using Invisalign.
What is Invisalign Rydalmere?
Invisalign is a series of clear mouth-guards that are used to straighten teeth. These mouth-guards can perform most of the functions of braces, but they are far less inconvenient, and far less noticeable than braces. Best of all, they can be removed for eating and drinking.
The clear mouth-guards used for Invisalign treatment apply gentle but consistent pressure on misaligned teeth. This slowly but steadily pushes the teeth into the ideal straight position. The process takes about 1 or 2 years to complete.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign is not very noticeable, certainly less obtrusive than braces.
- Invisalign can be removed while eating and drinking, or for the occasional public speaking event.
- Invisalign will not cause ulcers of cuts to the gums.
- Invisalign is relatively easy to get used to.
Disadvantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign is not suitable for more complex tooth alignment issues.
- Invisalign will not help with jaw alignment problems, only teeth.
- The process takes a year or two to complete. It is not as immediate as crowns or veneers.
As long as Invisalign is worn 22 hours per day the treatment should be effective.
Alternatives to Invisalign Rydalmere
Dental Veneers – These can fix some type of misaligned and misshapen teeth. And the results take only a few dental appointments.
Lingual Braces – These are like normal braces, but fitted behind the teeth, so they are less visible.
Crowns – These are expensive, but very effective. They are good if only one or two teeth need alteration.
We all deserve the best teeth possible. If you prefer not to have braces for straightening then ask the dentist about Invisalign.